White Plains NY – November, 2021- White Plains law firm McCullough, Goldberger & Staudt, LLP has been integral in helping obtain local land use and Westchester County IDA approvals, as well as assisting with the construction loan closing, for yet another project that is reshaping the I-287 corridor: the construction of a mixed use project known as Alexan Harrison, with 450 units of rental housing and retail uses at 3 Westchester Park Drive.
3 WPD Apartments LLC, a joint venture between Marcus Partners, Inc. of Boston, and Trammell Crow Residential, have broken ground on construction of the project, consisting of two 5-story buildings with 450 rental apartments and retail space on the 10.6-acre site in Harrison. The site is currently vacant, the former office building on the property having been demolished within the last year to prepare the site for construction of the new project. The apartment buildings will incorporate sustainable and green technologies to save energy and reduce carbon footprint.
The project would be another step in the transformation of the area between Hutchinson River Parkway and Interstates 287 and 684 from historical office parks dating to the 1960s-1980s, to a diverse mix of uses including residential, recreational, retail and medical facilities, as well as office buildings.
“We are grateful to McCullough, Goldberger and Staudt, LLP for their assistance in helping us to obtain the necessary approvals to make this project a reality,’’ saidAndy Huntoon, TCR’s Northeast Managing Director. “Rental housing is a key component to the transformation of the I-287 corridor, and we are confident that this project will be an asset, providing much-needed housing in an area that is attracting new development.”
The Town of Harrison Town Board and Planning Board granted the necessary Special Exception Use Permit, Site Plan, Freshwater Wetlands Permit and Slope Permit approvals for the project, which underwent local land use review between 2018-2020. In addition, the Westchester County Industrial Development Agency approved incentives for the project, which is near the existing Life Time Athletic fitness center and the Wegmans Food Market that opened in 2020.
The project will feature green space, including a walking path and gardens, as well as a fitness center and other amenities. A central road will bisect the apartment buildings and connect to the Carraway project and Wegmans on Corporate Park Drive.
Among the features of the project are:
- Retail and local services: Approximately 6,000 square feet and up to four retail spaces
- Affordable housing: Five (5%) percent of residential units (23 units) will be available to residents with household incomes of 80% AMI at 30% for rent
- Broad range of residential amenities, two parking garages and other improvements for use of residents
- Improved connectivity and public easement for pedestrian and vehicular access to Corporate Park Drive.
McCullough, Goldberger & Staudt, LLP has received accolades for its involvement in the repurposing of the I-287 Corridor from aging office parks to a mix of housing and retail uses. The firm has been integral in obtaining approvals for other projects including:
- The Life Time Fitness facility on Westchester Park Drive, consisting of a new, attractive, approximately 209,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness facility, at the site of the former Gannett building, which was utilized as a newspaper production and distribution facility for many years,
- Carraway The Toll Brothers/Normandy Real Estate Partners transformation of two obsolete office buildings along the I-287 corridor in Harrison into a multi-family residential development with 421 rental apartments, including 42 affordable units.
- Wegmans Food Markets, a Rochester based grocery store chain, opening a 125,000 square-foot, stand-alone store on a 20-acre site on Corporate Park Drive in Harrison adjacent to the new Carraway residential development.
- Simone Development Companies and Montefiore Health System, for the renovation of the now vacant four-story office building at 104 Corporate Park Drive in Harrison, which will be turned into a 115,000-square-foot facility that will be leased to Montefiore. MGS obtained land use and Industrial Development Agency approvals that helped pave the way for the development of a new pediatric specialty care facility.
About McCullough, Goldberger & Staudt, LLP
McCullough, Goldberger & Staudt, LLP represents a diverse group of clients. MGS (including its predecessor firm) has been an integral part of the Westchester community for more than 60 years. The firm offers a wide range of services in areas including land use, commercial and residential real estate, banking law, trusts and estates, municipal law, construction law and all types of litigation. Its clients include corporations, insurance companies, municipalities, coop, condo and homeowners’ associations, developers, golf and country clubs and not-for-profits as well as individual property owners. Services are provided by a team headed by seven partners, three of counsel attorneys and two associates.